Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Welcome back to the blog!

I recently regained my energy after almost a year of illness and am really itching to get back to my creative life. I have had ideas bursting out of me and now I'll finally get to see them in person!!

It has been a really strange and difficult year, but I think the distance I gained from my creative work will prove valuable. I have a perspective I could have never earned from continuing to build off of my last concepts. During my hiatus, I completed a few simple little commissions that ended up being surprisingly challenging. I was working with different materials than I am comfortable with and the painting style was totally unusual for me. Those experiences opened up my range of ideas for new projects and reminded me that I am an artist of many mediums. I am still focused on oil painting, but have a renewed curiosity for mixing it up like I did in the early years.

I've never found myself in a position like this before. I sort of have a clean slate. All of my older work is now in the homes of customers or friends and I have a studio free of influence from the past...and I am really happy about it.

I took a look through my image archive today and wanted to post some work from different phases of my evolution...Here's a brief review of the last 5 years!






No comments: