Wednesday, August 19, 2015

STUDIO SALE!

I am having my first ever...
STUDIO SALE!!!
  Ever try action painting in a small labyrinth? I do it several times a week and it's driving me insane.
  I really need to clear some space in my home studio and I am also working to fund some technology for my next new project. I don't usually post prices online because it's not classy but, in celebration of my messy workspace and new endeavors, I am doing the unclassy.
  I am only running this sale for a week or so before I jump into some projects on the sideline. If you like a piece that sells out or if it clashes with your throw pillows and you wish it was purple, or whatever the case may be, I will honor the posted sale price for a commission of the same dimensions.
  I am experienced with packing and shipping (in fact, that's been my day job for many years) and am offering shipping services on items of any size. Inquire with the destination address for shipping costs.
 To make a purchase, contact me with the title of the work that you are interested in or a brief description of your commission concept. I use PayPal for credit cards/electronic payment.
  In other news, (if you didn't see my last blog post) I have entered the world of CUTE ANIMAL DECALS!! I'll be opening an Etsy store to offer a little collection of these, but you can get in on the cuteness early if you want. As part of this sale, request a custom decal of any animal for $15. Little guys only for this price. For example, the chipmunk to the right is about 3''. Your decal will come cut out and ready to go. They are self-adhesive and work well on smooth surfaces so think walls, switch plates, painted furniture...I put the chipmunks on a somewhat lumpy baseboard and that worked with a clear coat over the decals. I can mail these in a little envelope, so don't worry about shipping cost.

Red Bark. Oil on Canvas. 24''x32''.
$250

Shagbark Hickory and Friends. Watercolor on Paper. 10.5''x14''.
$45
 
 Water Collagraph. Ink on Rice Paper. 14''x22''.
$45
  I have two slightly unique renditions of this available. One is printed with a straight black ink and the other with a subtle red tone. Collagraphs are amazingly fun. If you haven't heard the term, it's a printmaking technique that uses a textured surface which is glued onto a firm backing. This one was just made with crumpled paper on cardboard. It's different than woodblock or linoleum printing in that the image is reproducible but degrades a bit with each edition. I printed this one to death--until it was squished and saturated with ink. The many prints I made were a chronicle of the creation and destruction of an image. So interesting! And so here is what remains. They are one of many, but also one-of-a-kind.
 Home. Dripped Enamel Paint on Canvas. 24''x36''.
$200

Knifed Landscape Study. Acrylic on Canvas. 14''x22''.
$125




 This piece is framed as shown to the left. It was a study for a larger painting. It is done entirely with a palette knife and very highly textured...I only used a brush to sign it.

Off-Shore Wind Turbine. Oil on Unprimed Canvas. 60''x48''.
$1,800




No comments: